As a result of the new General Data Protection Regulation (known as GDPR) that comes into effect on 25 May 2018 we have produced a privacy notice to inform our customers how we use any data that you give us or any that we may collect from you. It applies to all products and services, and instances where we collect your personal data.
This privacy notice applies to personal information processed by Alpha Pneumatic Supplies.
Our Data Protection Officer
We have a data protection officer (“DPO”). You can contact the DPO using the contact details at the end of this notice.
What kinds of personal information about you do we process?
Personal information that we’ll process in connection with our products and services, if relevant, includes:
- Personal and contact details, such as business name, contact personnel name and contact details, address, telephone numbers, email address, website address
- Records of products you or your business have purchased from us
What is the source of your personal information?
We’ll collect personal information from the following general sources:
- From you directly
- Information generated about you when you use our products and services
What do we use your data for?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To send you products you have specified to addresses you have specified
- To service and repair your tools as requested by you
- For direct marketing communications and related profiling to help us to offer you relevant products and services, including deciding whether or not to offer you certain products and services. We may send marketing to you by SMS, email, phone, post, social media and digital channels .
- To provide insight and analysis of our customers to enable us to improve products or services, or to assess or improve the operating of our business
Do we share your personal information with other organisations?
No – we never share your information with the any third parties: other than providing information to key suppliers to enable your warranty and other repairs to be handled effectively.
How and when can you withdraw your consent?
You can withdraw your consent for us to process your personal data at any time by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this notice.
Is your personal information transferred outside the UK or the EEA?
What are your rights under data protection laws?
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances. The right of data portability is only relevant from May 2018.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/. You can contact us using the contact details at the end of this notice.
Your right to object
You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular to data processed for direct marketing purposes and to data processed for certain reasons based on our legitimate interests. Contact us to exercise these rights.
What are your marketing preferences and what do they mean?
We may use your home address, phone numbers, email address and social media or digital channels to contact you according to your marketing preferences. You can stop our marketing at any time by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this notice or by following the instructions in the communication.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, or if you wish to exercise your rights or contact the DPO, please contact:
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
ALPHA PNEUMATIC SUPPLIES LTD
UNIT 7, THE iO CENTRE
HATFIELD BUSINESS PARK
HERTS, AL10 9EW
TEL 01707 282700